Uppingham Vs. Storm Doris | 23.02.17

23 February 2017
It's fair to say Uppingham is very quiet this afternoon, due to Storm Doris making her way through the country today. After spending the morning working from my cosy living room I thought I'd pop out to see what all the fuss on social media was about - and yes, I did nearly blow away!

"Storm Doris is set to push through our area after lunch time. Please be aware that 70-80mph estimated gusts of wind could bring down branches and trees so please drive carefully. If on dual carriageway be mindful of those larger curtain sided lorries which sometimes get tipped over in high winds." - Rutland Police @RutlandPolice

With my camera in hand (very tightly!) I took a quick stroll around Uppingham to see Storm Doris for myself.

[Scroll down for photos]
A quiet and wet Uppingham High Street.


Not quite the usual full display outside A. E Bilson today.
A poor resident has lost their fence in the Storm Dorris winds.
Hardly a vehicle in sight.


Tod's Piece is covered in broken branches.


Contact